The last craft in our week of Halloween Crafts are these Spooky Handprint Ghost Ornaments. It is a craft that is a little bit more for mom but you need the kids participation for a bit of this. I imagine that older kids would really enjoy painting the ghosts but I am not willing to hand that freedom over to my toddlers yet at this point! 😉
It is also a perfect memory maker since you get to capture those precious little handprints! I saw this Instagram and I was inspired! It reminds me of these Homemade Clay Ornaments I made a couple years ago! But I think using this Air Dry Clay was really nice and I’ll probably be doing it for the next clay project.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Air Dry Clay
- White Paint
- Pink Paint
- Modge Podge
- Take a handful of clay and roll it out flat with a rolling pin. You may need to put a little flour on your pin to make it not stick.
- Put the handprint in the clay.
- Cut around the handprint with a knife and use your fingers to smooth the edges.
- Use a straw to make a hole at the top.
- Let dry according to the instructions (it’s a couple days)
- Paint the hands white and let dry.
- Once dry, add cute ghost cheeks.
- Once dry, use the Sharpie to create the rest of the face.
- Write name and date on the back.
- Modge podge over it all to seal it.
- Use ribbon to hang them up.
- Enjoy your spooky ghosts!