Guys. I literally have no idea how mom bloggers keep up. I have a backlog of post ideas and folders of photos waiting to be crafted into posts and I’m just so behind. I even have folders of unedited photos that are just sitting on my hard drive! But now that I am in my second trimester and Hilde has decided she loves naps, I am all in on playing catch up! We went to Disney in JANUARY and here I am in August posting about it, but better late than never!
I started uploading all the photos we took to this post and realized that I’m going to need to split these posts into at least two parts. Welcome to part one AKA The Magic Kingdom. Before we get into the large chunk of photos, I did want to point out that I didn’t completely drop the ball with this trip. I did manage to get two blog posts out within a normal span of time:
Those posts may or may not be helpful for you but there they are just in case you wanted to see them! Spending a week at Disney with Hilde was more magical than I expected. She didn’t know what was going on, her ride face was one of confusion (every time!), and she cried when she met Pooh Bear but it was magical nonetheless. Having Hilde allowed us to slow down and take everything in. We are known for our “Disney Walk” which is a super quick walk that gets us places in record time, but we didn’t practice that on this trip. We strolled around in our stroller, letting kids pass us and loving every minute of it. I love Disney. I always have fun there. But bringing my daughter to Disney brought me more joy than I could imagine and she doesn’t even get it yet. When she knows the characters and sees the magic, I am going to melt all over again!
Not only was Hilde with us, but my sister Becca was able to join us from Kansas City (her husband couldn’t come 🙁 ) and Blake & Sarah (my sister too) live in Orlando so they were there too! It was such a fun family trip for us all. All the aunts and uncles got to love on Hilde and that was so fun to watch!
Things to note about these pictures (that I don’t want to forget and I think you will enjoy knowing):
- Hilde pooped in her Pooh Bear outfit. How ironic.
- She cried meeting Pooh Bear because the line was so long she fell asleep in it and I woke her to meet them which was NOT okay!
- I got that Disney dress from Amazon and it is too cute.
- The hat Hilde is wearing is the same one we bought when we announced our pregnancy! We got her name embroidered on the back on this trip!
- Pop Quiz: Splash Mountain is my favorite ride.
- If you like popcorn, get the popcorn bucket the first day of your trip! It is like $10 bucks but the refiles are only $2 and it is the best snack. We attached it to the stroller and filled it up the whole week. You can even use it to get fancy popcorn in Epcot!!
- Dumbo was Bruce’s favorite ride when he went to Disney as a kid so we will always make a point to ride it as a family!
Annnnnnnnnd that’s it! Any questions? HAHA. My main takeaway is that taking a 5 month old to Disney isn’t a terrible idea. It’s pretty darn cute!