Thank you National Honey Board for sponsoring this post! All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This month is National Honey Month (YAY!) To celebrate, I wanted to share with you a golden recipe! I am a huge fan of homemade ice cream (if you were not already aware) and I always love playing around with new flavors! I am a honey fan and thought an upcoming girls night was the perfect time to debut a new flavor! I can’t wait to share with you this delicious twist on a classic flavor!
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 2 Eggs
- In a pan on medium heat, heat up the milk and whipping cream on medium heat until it simmers.
- Add the honey and stir until dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs together until fluffy.
- Slowly add the simmering milk mixture to the eggs and continue whisking together.
- Once all mixed, set in fridge until completely cool (4-6 hours)
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions (usually let mix about 20-30 minutes.)
- Enjoy right away for a soft serve taste or place in freezer proof container and let freeze for 5+ hours to achieve an ice cream consistency.
PS: I am using this Ice Cream Maker attachment for all these recipes and I love it!
You itching to celebrate your golden moments too? Click here for more ideas & recipes to get your honey on!!