I am so thankful that the farmers markets are open again! Here in Colorado we only get them during the summer time and I love weaving it into my Saturday morning routine. I’ve been on an ice cream making kick (obviously) which has inspired me to do all sorts of things like buy Popsicle molds off Amazon in the middle of the night.
This one is another dairy free one for you all. It is also a healthy one since it is mostly peaches (seriously – the added sugar is tiny.) The best part is that it is totally yum-tastic and super refreshing for your hot summer afternoons.
1/2 Cup warm water
1/8 Cup Sugar
1. Boil a pot of water and drop in peaches for 10-20 seconds (this helps the skin just fall off!)
2. Peal and pit peaches.
3. Using a food processor or blender, blend peaches until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, let sugar dissolve in the warm water.
5. Add sugar water to blender.
6. Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions (usually let mix about 20-30 minutes.)
7. Enjoy right away for a soft serve taste or place in Popsicle molds and let freeze for 5+ hours to achieve an thick, Popsicle consistency!
PS: I am using the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment for all these recipes and I love it! I recommend it if you already have a KitchenAid and are wanting to get into making ice cream!