Here in Colorado our Winters are pretty dry. I mean, we get a lot of snow (resulting in snow days & delays this week!!!) but the moisture doesn’t stay in the air. As a result, our hair is staticy and our skin is dry. In a crazy turn of fate, we still get oily hair and pimples – how does that all add up?!!
I am always on the hunt for something to take care of my dull winter skin – brightening, moisturizing, and not causing outbreaks. It is more complicated than one would hope. Then you also have to look at all those extra ingredients and unpronounceable additives. I had heard so much about Essential Oils and DIY scrubs for healthy skin, so I jumped into making mine. I have been using it in the shower all over my body and it is working! This DIY scrub is so easy to make and I am sure you will love it! It is great for you or to give as a gift!
What you need
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 15 drops of Essential Lemon Oil
- Glass jar (or Pyrex container – do not store in all plastic container)
- Melt the coconut oil if needed and pour into bowl
- Add brown sugar and mix
- Drop in 15 drops into the mixture and mix again
- Store in a glass jar for use
- Keep one by a sink for hand scrubs or in the shower to use all over your body!
WHY ADD ESSENTIAL LEMON OIL?
- Rejuvenates sagging or tired-looking skin
- Increases the luster of dull skin
- Helps in treating pimples and various skin disorders
- Reduces excessive oil on the skin
- Helps remove mental fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and nervous tension
- Refreshes the mind by creating a positive mindset and removing negative emotions
- Increases concentration and alertness.
- Lemon oil is also effective as a hair tonic. Many people use lemon oil to get strong, healthy and shiny hair. Lemon oil is also used to eliminate dandruff.