Here in Colorado our Winters are pretty dry. I mean, we get a lot of snow (resulting in snow days & delays this week!!!) but the moisture doesn’t stay in the air. As a result, our hair is staticy and our skin is dry. In a crazy turn of fate, we still get oily hair and pimples – how does that all add up?!!
I am always on the hunt for something to take care of my dull winter skin – brightening, moisturizing, and not causing outbreaks. It is more complicated than one would hope. Then you also have to look at all those extra ingredients and unpronounceable additives. I had heard so much about Essential Oils and DIY scrubs for healthy skin, so I jumped into making mine. I have been using it in the shower all over my body and it is working! This DIY scrub is so easy to make and I am sure you will love it! It is great for you or to give as a gift!
WHAT YOU NEED
– 1 Cup Brown Sugar
– 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
– 15 drops of Essential Lemon Oil
– Glass jar (or Pyrex container – do not store in all plastic container)
1. Melt the coconut oil if needed and pour into bowl
2. Add brown sugar and mix
3. Drop in 15 drops into the mixture and mix again
4. Store in a glass jar for use
* Keep one by a sink for hand scrubs or in the shower to use all over your body!
WHY ADD ESSENTIAL LEMON OIL?
– Increases the luster of dull skin
– Helps remove mental fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness and nervous tension
-Lemon oil is also effective as a hair tonic. Many people use lemon oil to get strong, healthy and shiny hair. Lemon oil is also used to eliminate dandruff.
Hey friends! My name is Nicole and I am married to my best friend, Adam. We have two little dudes we call Emmett Dane and Gideon Brian Steele. Each day I keep the home fires burning in our 120 year-old-house, where you can find me creating, making yummy things to eat and sharing my love of essential oils.