4. measure again and drill holes into the studs on your wall (or use wall anchors). use the floor/wall flanges to measure where holes are needed – use a pen to mark the holes. drill each hole and then put the pipe (fitted together) back on the wall and screw those suckers in!
5. make sure to have the curtains already on the pipe before you click everything in unless you use metal clips like i did. these can easily be added or taken away without taking the pipes down.
6. admire your handiwork and thank your husband.
– make sure when purchasing all the materials you get the same size so that they fit together
– include your husband or man friend (and his friends) in on the hanging process. boys can hold heavy pipes and screw them into the wall at the same time.
– make sure you like your curtains or use clips like i did because once you put the rod up, it is very hard to take it down to switch out your drapes.
– use electrical pipe for the main rod to save on money
Elizabeth Mayberry says