Now that I can count the days until Christmas on one hand, I am giddy with excitement. Friday night the hubs & I were able to check off another one of our Christmas traditions by walking around the Broadmoor – it is one of the most beautiful places in Colorado! (I also just like how cute my house looks with Christmas lights so I had to include it!)
I know I talk a lot about how this is my first Christmas as a Mayberry but I think it is pretty important & exciting. we get to bring in our own family traditions and create our own. we get to start our own thing- I love it! I wanted to share with you some things that Bruce & I are making important in the holiday season!
- Make gingerbread houses with the Mayberry side –check!
- Go to the electric safari at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (our favorite place!) We keep trying but get snowed out! We will go before the new year!
- Look at the lights and gingerbread houses at the Broadmoor – check!
- Make Christmas cookies with our besties – check!
- Get a hallmark keepsake ornament to remind us of something that happened this year – check!
- Family Christmas dinner & gift exchange with our small group – check!
- And just spend so much time with friends & family!
I love tradition. Funny thing – this year we both are having an UNTRADITIONAL Christmas! I am currently sitting in California. First Christmas not in Colorado – not at home. I’ll let you know how it goes!!!!