Hot dog mummies are one of my favorite holiday treats. I’m not even joking. So classic and so adorable, we make them all season long for a spooky and kid friendly lunch! Also they make a great pre trick-or-treating fuel that is as fun as the rest of the night!
What’s even better than the way they look, is how easy they are to make!
- Crescent Roll Dough
- Hot Dogs
- Edible Eyes (in the baking aisle)
- Open up the dough and instead of ripping into triangles for crescents, squish seams together and cut/ rip long strips of dough. I just ripped mine to create an uneven consistency of the wraps but you can also use a pizza cutter to cut them in nice, straight lines.
- Wrap dough around the mummies leaving a gap for the eyes.
- Bake according to crescent roll packaging (375 degrees / 15 minutes) until golden brown.
- Add eyes and secure by pushing into the dough a bit.
- Serve with mustard and ketchup and enjoy!
PS: Plastic spider rings add a bit of spooky to any dish and also makes a fun toy to play with after (hello October lunches for toddlers!)
Leave a Reply