I am always finding new books to add to our collection. Hilde LOVES books. We did a book baby shower for her and filled our shelves with so many fun books. This month when we celebrated her first birthday, she got even more as gifts. Throughout the year we have added to our collection as well and I’m already adding more books to the baby registry for baby #2! HAHA. All that to say we LOVE finding new books.
And while we are on the topic of books, I think they are one of the best gifts to give. Unlike some toys, books can grow with your kids. First you read to them and then one day they are reading to themselves! Whether you are donating used books to a library or school or picking out a gift for an upcoming party, a book’s value lives on! Today I am excited to share some new ones I’ve discover and ordered (or added to our wish list!)
- In the Hall of the Mountain King ($25) – Do you know this song? It is a classical piece and I’ve always loved it! This story is meant to go along with the song and tells the story (quite like Peter and the Wolf.)
- Mary Blair’s Unique Flair: The Girl Who Became One of the Disney Legends ($12.75) – One of my favorite Disney artists just came out with a book and I had to order it! So beautiful!
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: The Poetry of Mister Rogers ($16) – How can you not love this book? I just added it to our baby registry because it is perfect for everyone!
- Baby Wren and the Great Gift ($14) – We have several other books by this author and we love them! One of them being the Jesus Storybook Bible!
- Broadway Baby: The Sound of Music, Do Re Mi ($16) – Because music and books together is the best!
- Seeds and Trees: A children’s book about the power of words ($13) – An Amazon best seller so it made my list too!
- The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross (Tales That Tell the Truth) ($11) – I love beautiful books that tell God’s story!
- Singing in the Rain ($12) – And yet another musical book because music is in my bones!