Thank you Perrier for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and options are my own!
I finally pulled out my ice cream maker from my bottom cabinet and set out to make watermelon sorbet. I love making ice cream recipes but for some reason this summer my maker sat unused. We were busy, traveling, working, doing a million other things. That’s okay – I could let it get me down (think of all the ice cream I could have made) but really, some seasons just require different things. Despite my lack of ice cream recipes this year, I was inspired to make a watermelon sorbet when I had leftover watermelon taking over nearly half of my refrigerator.
To make things a little spicy (in the fun way not actual spice way 😉 ,) I went ahead and turned my sorbet into a cocktail ingredient! I had a box of delicious Strawberry Perrier sitting next to me and I thought they would go together beautifully – just add a little white rum to taste!
Annnnnnd…. I was right! Today I am going to share that recipe with you. If you don’t want to make your own sorbet to create this drink, that’s a-okay! You can just pick up a pink sorbet at the store to replace it!
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 4 cups of Watermelon Cut into small chunks
- White Rum
- Strawberry Perrier
HOW TO MAKE THE SORBET
- In a pan on medium heat, mix water, lemon juice, and sugar until sugar is melted. Set aside.
- Blend watermelon together in a blender.
- Using a sieve, collect the juice from the watermelon pulp in a bowl.
- Combine the juice with the sugar mixture.
- Once all mixed, set in fridge until completely cool (2-6 hours)
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions (usually let mix about 20-30 minutes.)
- Enjoy right away for a soft serve taste or place in freezer proof container and let freeze for 5+ hours to achieve a thicker consistency.
PS: I am using the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment for all these recipes and I love it! I recommend it if you already have a KitchenAid and are wanting to get into making ice cream!
HOW TO MAKE THE COCKTAIL
- Set out glasses and gather ingredients.
- Add a shot of white rum to each glass.
- Fill glasses halfway with Strawberry Perrier.
- Add two scoops of sorbet.
As the summer days come to an end, soak up the sun and linger on your porch a little longer. We love the fruity, vibrant taste of this cocktail! Strawberry Perrier is also wonderful on it’s own – so feel free to find your flavor and soak up this season!