I’ve discovered that homemade ice cream is not only fun to make but it is pretty easy. Every flavor usually has the same base – Milk, Heavy Whipping Cream, Sugar, and Eggs. I’ve got the base down to an art and I can whip up a batch in a jiff! After that, the possibilities are endless!
1. In a pan, heat up the milk and whipping cream on medium heat until it simmers. Add in Vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
3. Slowly add the simmering milk mixture to the eggs and continue whisking together.
4. Once all mixed, set in fridge until completely cool (4-6 hours)
6. Pour mixture into ice cream maker, add chocolate shredding, and follow manufacturer’s instructions (usually let mix about 20-30 minutes.)
6. Enjoy right away for a soft serve taste or place in freezer proof container and let freeze for 5+ hours to achieve an ice cream consistency.
Have you ever made your own ice cream? Is this a go-to flavor of yours? This is such a fun summer treat! I would love to see your photos if you make it! #oakandoats
RELATED: Kiwi Ice Cream , Fresh Raspberry & Vanilla Ice Cream, Dairy Free Double Chocolate Ice Cream