Yesterday I was sharing about my goldmine of peaches this year and I promised an ice cream recipe! Well folks, here it is! Fresh homemade peach ice cream.
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 Peaches
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Shot of vodka (the alcohol will burn out)
- Cut peaches into chunks. If you want to skin them, do that now but I kept mine on!
- In a pan on medium heat, mix peaches and vodka until peaches are soft and fragrant.
- In a separate bowl, whip the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add peaches to the bowl.
- In the same pan, heat up the milk and whipping cream on medium heat until it simmers.
- Slowly add the simmering milk mixture to the eggs & peaches and continue whisking together.
- Once all mixed, set in fridge until completely cool (4-6 hours)
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions (usually let mix about 20-30 minutes.)
- Enjoy right away for a soft serve taste or place in freezer proof container and let freeze for 5+ hours to achieve an ice cream consistency.
PS: I am using the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment for all these recipes and I love it! I recommend it if you already have a KitchenAid and are wanting to get into making ice cream!