Mint ice cream is my favorite kind ever. I’ve kind of been putting off making it because I love it so much that I didn’t want to mess it up. Turns out it was just as easy (if not as easy) as all the rest.
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tbs Peppermint Extract
1/2 Cup Bakers Sugar
1 Dark Chocolate Candy Bar
1. In a pan, heat up the milk and whipping cream on medium heat until it simmers. Add in Mint.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
3. Slowly add the simmering milk mixture to the eggs and continue whisking together.
4. Once all mixed, set in fridge until completely cool (4-6 hours)
5. Using a knife, cut up the candy bar into chocolate slivers.
6. Pour mixture into ice cream maker, add chocolate shredding, and follow manufacturer’s instructions (usually let mix about 20-30 minutes.)
6. Enjoy right away for a soft serve taste or place in freezer proof container and let freeze for 5+ hours to achieve an ice cream consistency.
PS: I am using the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment for all these recipes and I love it! I recommend it if you already have a KitchenAid and are wanting to get into making ice cream!