WHAT YOU NEED:
– one box of rice chex (i use the off brand to save moneys) – you can also use corn or wheat chex if you wish but it will have a different taste.
– one bag of chocolate chips
– 1 1/2 cup of peanut butter
– 1 Tbs vanilla
– 2 cups powder sugar
– a paper bag
1. dump chocolate chips & peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. and microwave on high for 1 minute. stir and put it back in for 30 seconds. the mixture should be melty and liquidy. if it starts to get solid again – stop microwaving!
2. add vanilla. after you are done microwaving it and stir it in.
3. pour chex into a bowl and then pour melted mix on top. stir until all of the chex is covered.
4. dump in paper bag and add powder sugar. shake shake shake. make sure all the chex is covered. you may need to add a little more but don’t go overboard with the powder sugar!
5. place in bowl & enjoy!
Erin Toews says
oh yum! i will have to make this soon! i just love puppy chow!
Treasure Tromp says
I love puppy chow but I stopped making it because I always make the biggest mess!
Yay! I'm so glad you joined in! I so wish I wasn't allergic to peanut butter because I've heard so many good things about puppy chow and it really does look (and sound) good! 🙂
Elizabeth Mayberry says
I didn't know you were allergic! Oh dear 🙂 make it with almond butter!