This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyBeachBlonde #CollectiveBias
I have straight hair. It’s long, brown, smooth, and straight. I’ve always loved the beachy curl look but I never could get it. I’ve tried almost everything on Pinterest – the no heat sleep method, the hot iron a braid method, the hot rollers, the stick iron, and just putting in a lot of product in hopes that “natural” curls would just pop up. I recently went back to my ancient of days curling iron from my high school bangs days (yes, it was a thing!) and followed some tips I read on Gal Meets Glam. I tried them and they worked!
The harder part was then getting it to stay without slathering my hair in product. I picked up Beach Blonde™ by John Frieda® while I was at Walmart because I am a sucker for packaging. It also promised “perfectly undone and effortlessly tousled” hair (which obviously I am going for) and a heavenly sent (aka coconut, mint, and beaches.) Best news, it is not just for blondes – so this brunette dropped it into her basket.
I love this trio and it is the perfect addition to my new summer hair jam! The Sea Salt Spray adds just enough texture to hold the curls and the mint in the hair care duo just leaves your hair and scalp feeling fresh!
1. Pick up the Beach Blonde™ trio by John Frieda® at your local Walmart
2. Clean your hair and let dry naturally until it is just slightly damp (if you are in a hurry, blow dry halfway.) Spray your hair with the Sea Salt Spray
3. Section your hair putting the top half in a messy bun so that it is out of the way.
4. Begin curling your hair – position away from your face (pulling away) and start at the top of your strand. This part is kinda trickier but you will catch on pretty quickly. Slide a bit more down your hair and roll back up, and then slide all the way to the end and roll back up until you can feel the heat. This helps the curl get to the top of your hair and not just all at the bottom.
5. Continue moving around your whole head.
6. Let down more hair (keep a second up still if you have thick hair like me.) Repeat.
7. Lastly let the rest down and mark your part with a comb. Repeat curls.
8. Spray one more time and start scrunching. You will use your fingers to comb out the curls and twist them together.
9. Enjoy! If you have super straight hair like me, spray real quick with hair spray and you are good to go!
Have you tried the Beach Blonde™ Collection? I’d love to hear your favorite! Also, tell me all about your go to summer hairstyles – do you ever do the beachy wave look? Have you tried this method?