Let me let you in on a little secret, I’m not into the whole chocolate / peanut butter combo (only exception: Puppy Chow.) I know it is weird but that is how I roll. I do however live with a man who loves the combo and a group of friends who think the richness of chocolate paired with the creaminess of peanut butter is to die for, so I took it upon myself to make them an ice cream they would fawn after.
1 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coco Powder
1/2 Cup Bakers Sugar
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1. In a pan, heat up the milk and whipping cream on medium heat until it simmers. Add in coco powder and stir until dissolved.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
3. Slowly add the simmering milk/chocolate mixture to the eggs and continue whisking together.
4. Once all mixed, set in fridge until completely cool (4-6 hours)
5. Pour mixture into ice cream maker follow manufacturer’s instructions (usually let mix about 20-30 minutes.)
6. While the ice cream is mixing, use the microwave to heat up the peanut butter for 30 seconds or until liquidy and pour-able. Pour into the ice cream while it is mixing.
PS: I am using the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment for all these recipes and I love it! I recommend it if you already have a KitchenAid and are wanting to get into making ice cream!