I know we have all seen the marbled mugs going around Pinterest – they look so cool and so simple! For my little sister’s wedding, she and her best friend made Bridesmaid gifts by following the fun DIY with nail polish and mugs. I watched them make them (and even helped a little with the process) and I loved how the mugs turned out. I remember seeing A Beautiful Mess try it on photos and was inspired to put my own spin on the project!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, this is a perfect DIY to get ready for those Valentines roses! I know that all year round it is flower season, but there is something about decorating this season with reds, pinks, and rich colored flowers. They scream love and health. They are so fun to give, so fun to get, and I love having something fun to show them off.
I tend to throw a whole bouquet in a tall vase, but this year I wanted something a little different. So I grabbed some stemless wineglasses and cut my roses down to create this beautiful Valentine’s Day decoration! It’s easy, I promise!
WHAT YOU NEED:
– Bowl that can get messy/ ruined
– Hot water
– Nail polish of choice
– Set of stemless wine glasses
– Flowers! (These beauties are from the Bouqs! Order now for Valentines delivery!)
– Nail polish remover (just in case)
HOW YOU DO:
1. Fill bowl with warm/hot water/
2. Slowly pour in some nail polish and watch it spread out in the bowl.
3. Dip in mug, turning to follow the nail polish.
4. Set on paper towel to dry.
Each design will be unique but if you do not like how one turned out, wipe off right away and use nail polish remover to try again.
5. Dump out old water and refill between vases
6. Let dry two hours before filling with flowers!
7. Mix flower food with water and pour into each glass.
8. Cut down the roses to fit as desired in glasses.
IN MY HOME:
Due to the nail polish nature, I would not use them for food/ drink. I plan on keeping them as fun vases and dishes for display. Hand wash only.
Do you give or receive flowers for Valentine’s Day? Sometimes we wait for people to send them to us, but who is someone you can send flowers to this year? Or maybe you can order a couple bouquets and throw a Galentine’s day party where you make these vases and each girl gets to take one home! Think bright and generously this holiday! What are some of your favorite ways to show off fresh flowers? If you try this DIY please use the hashtag #oakandoats or so that I can see it!