I'm so glad you are here. I'm Elizabeth and this is the blog. This is the space I tend to. The place I share my heart and our stories. I pack these pages full of tips, stories, adventures, travels, outfits, and recipes. It's a little bit of everything and a whole lot of me. My hope is that these words & photos would encourage & inspire you. That being here will brighten things at least a little bit. Please stick around & explore. There is something here for everyone! Click through the categories below for more!
i opened my third stitch fix last week and, as always, i was giddy as i opened it up to see what was inside! i’ll show you what i got and kept in this time but i also wanted to share with you a little about stitch fix & answer some questions i tend to get asked about it!
Stitch Fix is an online style service. you fill out a form with your style, pinterest favorites, sizes, and a bunch of other information. they read all about you and try to figure you out. then a personal stylists sends you a box full of picks that they picked out just for you!to sign up for your first stitch you pay $20 to secure your box. you get that 20 bucks back when you buy something – you don’t lose that money if you buy at least one thing from that fix.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
so you start with the $20 bucks and then they send you the box. you try it on and figure out what you want to keep (each item has a price tag on it). if you keep it all, you get an additional 25% off all the prices. you can see the $20 (and 25% if you get all five items) coming off your bill at the end. you go online and say what you want, and then you send back the rest for free!
HOW DO ALL THESE PEOPLE AFFORD IT?
great question!! there are two reasons that i can afford stitch fix:
1. i save up: because i don’t shop all the time for myself and i just save my allowance for my boxes. i want more quality and less quantity.
2. REFERRALS!! when you get stitch fix, you can share it with all your friends! for every person you refer, you get $25! that is pretty awesome! just get 4 friends and you are already at $100! i know you may think that only bloggers can do this, but i have some ideas for sharing your code whether or not you are a blogger!
– put it on facebook
– tweet your favorite pieces
– link up with #stitchfixfriday
– blog it
– pin it on pinterest! you can pin one of the stitch fix images on pinterest and use your link as the direction
– have a stitch fix button on your blog
– throw a stitch fix party! use your referral code and get all your friends together and order your boxes on the same day. then try them on together!
– email your friends who you think would love stitch fix with the code!
nope! but you can if you want. i just sign up for my next box after each box i get in the mail!
CAN YOU LOSE YOUR MONEY?
sometimes, but the most you can lose is that $20 styling fee. it is applied if you buy at least one thing from the box but it does not roll over. should you not find anything, the $20 styling fee is still applied in order for your stylist to deliver pieces that fits well in with your style, body shape and budget (luckily they also have the awesome referral program and the $20 can come out of that and not your wallet! yeah for free clothes!!)
also, shipping is always free! you never need to worry about that!
WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE MY BOX?
you have a couple options but i think you should just send it all back, leave detailed reasons why you were disappointed, and sign up for your next box! like i said, you don’t have to pay for shipping when you send it back! hopefully you find at least one item that you want to keep (like a $22 scarf so the $20 does not go to waste and you only pay $2 for that scarf!) the more detailed you are, the better they will be able get you the best fixes!
IS IT WORTH IT?
i say yes! as a lady who does not love shopping but loves to wear clothes that fit and look great – it is perfect! all the pictures below are from my most resent fix! i kept the dress because i fell in love with it but everything else went back just due to cut, fabric, and summerness.
*** if you still think that Stitch Fix is out of your price range (i totally get that!) you should look into ThredUp! it is an online consignment store that i love and use a lot as well. you can also send back in your old clothes and earn money! order your bag here (for free!!) and mail in the clothes you don’t wear anymore (for kids & women!).